Welcome to Curbed LA’s city guide, a seasonally updated map of 26 essential things to do in Los Angeles.
Los Angeles winters are famously mild, which means there’s nothing keeping you in the house. Venture out to cultural institutions, botanical gardens, and even the beach.
This guide spotlights cultural institutions, the outdoors, and beautiful spaces. With winter in swing, picks include El Segundo’s cozy and charming Old Town Music Hall, a photography exhibit in East LA, a tour of old Victorian homes, and an open-air market among old warehouse in Downtown LA.
Looking for more ways to explore the City of Angels?
- Spend the weekend exploring the desert or the mountains.
- If you’re looking specifically for famous architecture, we’ve mapped the 20 most iconic buildings in LA.
- Looking to catch a movie? We got some of LA’s coolest theaters mapped out.
- Take a hike for a good view of the world-famous Hollywood Sign.
- Got kids in tow? Here’s a map of 30 family-friendly places and activities in LA.
- If you’re a bookworm, here’s a map guide to the haunts of legendary authors like Joan Didion and William Faulkner.