For the first time in decades, major development projects are underway in South Los Angeles. Most prominently, a huge NFL stadium is under construction in Inglewood—and it will be surrounded by a planned community made up of thousands of new homes. But the development wave doesn’t stop there. New restaurants, grocery stores, and shops are in the pipeline for neighborhoods from West Adams to Watts.
Here, we’ve mapped the biggest projects planned for the region. Time will tell whether they can help level out the socioeconomic inequalities that have persisted for decades.
We’re keeping tabs on development across Los Angeles. See what’s happening in other regions and neighborhoods:
- 11 big projects poised to alter the San Fernando Valley
- All the fancy new developments headed for the Sunset Strip
- Mapping the rise of LA’s tallest towers
- 40+ new projects taking over Koreatown
- Mapping the Arts District’s never-ending parade of development