Hollywood is awash in construction, but East Hollywood, its eclectic, transit-friendly neighbor, is getting in on the action, too. A mini-boom of development is bringing hundreds of apartments to the community right now. New buildings are sprouting up along with new places to eat—including some controversial ones that are replacing long-time neighborhood institutions.
That transit accessibility, along with proximity to other trendy ’hoods (Silver Lake and Los Feliz, for example) and its growing restaurant roster—Eater LA has proclaimed that East Hollywood is emerging as one of the “most desirable dining scenes” in LA—could very likely explain the neighborhood’s appeal to real estate developers.
This map tracks more than a dozen of the new buildings planned or under construction for East Hollywood. For more maps on development in other pockets of Los Angeles, take a look at:
- Mapping the Arts District's never-ending parade of development
- Mapped: The 30+ new buildings taking over Koreatown
- Mapping 28 projects on the way in DTLA's booming South Park
- Mapped: Hollywood's out-of-control hotel boom
- Mapping the fancy new developments headed for the Sunset Strip