The Los Angeles Philharmonic is throwing a huge open-streets festival tomorrow—and the entire city is invited.
The supersized block party will feature concerts, art installations, and food trucks at six “hubs” along an 8-mile route that will stretch from the Walt Disney Concert Hall to the Hollywood Bowl.
The route—which will pass through Downtown, MacArthur Park, Koreatown, and Hollywood—will be closed to cars and dedicated to people on foot, bikes, scooters, skates, and wheelchairs.
All forms of non-motorized transportation are welcome, meaning Bird, Lime, and other dockless e-scooters are not allowed. If you want to bike, but don’t own a bicycle, rent one from Metro’s bike-share program; here’s a map of the stations.
The entertainment line-up is extensive, with some 1,800 performers slated to croon and dance. Among them are a slew of Los Angeles musicians, including Dustbowl Revival, DāM-FunK, Georgia Anne Muldrow, Las Cafeteras, Phoebe Bridgers, and Wayne White.
Co-hosted by CicLAvia, the event is a celebration of the philharmonic’s 100th anniversary and will culminate in a free concert at the bowl; registration for the show is already closed.
Details for the festival, including street closures, are below.
9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday, September 30
Organizers recommend getting to your final destination by 4 p.m., when the reroute reopens to cars, to avoid traffic.
Route (and hub locations)
The route runs between the Walt Disney Concert Hall and the Hollywood Bowl, via Wilshire Boulevard, Western Avenue, Melrose Avenue, and Vine Street. There’s no start or end point, so join in anywhere.
Highland Avenue will remain open to traffic, so if you want to walk directly up the hill to the bowl via the open street route, you’ll have to share the road with cars on Franklin and Highland. You can also take a free shuttle from Hollywood and Yucca to the bowl.
Here are the hub locations and addresses (all of them are located near Metro subway stations, except the Melrose hub):
- Grand Ave Hub (Grand Ave between 1st and 3rd street)
111 South Grand Avenue Los Angeles, 90012
- MacArthur Park Hub (Levitt Pavilion Los Angeles; Park View between Wilshire and 6th, inside Park)
2401 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, 90057
- Koreatown Hub (Wilshire between Western and Serrano)
3731 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, 90010
- Melrose Hub (Melrose at Windsor)
5555 Melrose Avenue, Los Angeles, 90038
- Hollywood Hub (Vine between Hollywood and Yucca)
1750 Vine Street, Los Angeles, 90028
- Hollywood Bowl Hub (off the 101 Freeway at Highland Ave)
2301 North Highland Avenue Los Angeles, CA 90068
- Grand Avenue between First Street and Wilshire Boulevard
- Wilshire Boulevard between Grand Avenue and Western Avenue
- Western Avenue between Wilshire Boulevard and Melrose Avenue
- Melrose Avenue between Western Boulevard and Vine Street
- Vine Street between Melrose Avenue and Yucca Street.