South Park’s Trinity Auditorium building and the Grand Central Market-adjacent Hotel Clark have spent years under protracted restorations.
The wait will be over soon, the New York Post reports: both historic buildings are slated to open by the end of 2019 under a new banner.
The Trinity Hotel and Hotel Clark will join the recently launched Journal Hotels brand. Hotelier Stephen Brandman, co-founder of Thompson hotels, serves as the brand’s chief executive.
Brandman and Jake Chetrit of Chetrit Group, which owns both the Trinity and the Clark, will open and operate the hotels.
Journal Hotels launched last year, but already counts big names like the famed Hollywood Roosevelt among its eight hotels. The Roosevelt is run in partnership with the owners of that hotel, Goodwin Gaw and David Chang.
The 183-room Trinity Hotel (formerly the Embassy hotel) opened in 1914 and was where the Los Angeles Philharmonic orchestra held its first concert in 1919. (The 2,000-seat auditorium has been remodeled as part of the new hotel project.) Now topped by a roof pool, the Trinity hotel is expected to open before the end of this year.
The Hotel Clark on Fourth and Hill streets holds just under 350 rooms and a new rooftop pool. It will bring two restaurants and three bars to the neighborhood. It is scheduled to open next fall, according to the Post.
The Trinity and Clark hotels have been under construction since at least 2012 and were most recently expected to open in early 2016.