A 1941 graduate of USC’s Architecture program, Robson Chambers helped design Camp Pendleton while serving as a U.S. Marine during World War II. After the war, Chambers joined the firm of John Porter Clark and Albert Frey in Palm Springs, where he had a hand in designing the town’s city hall, the Aerial Tramway Valley Station, and the Tramway gas station, which is now the city’s Visitor Center.
In 1947, Chambers collaborated with Frey on the design of a home for himself and his wife, a home that was subsequently photographed by Julius Shulman and featured in a 1952 issue of Architectural Record.
Located on a corner lot in the southwest side of town, the former Chambers residence measures 1,757 square feet and features two bedrooms, two baths, a formal dining room, an updated kitchen, living room with brick fireplace, Saltillo tile floors, sliding glass walls, a kidney-shaped pool, and a two-car carport.
Last sold in 2011 for $575,000, it’s now asking $850,000.
695 S. Warm Sands Dr [Scott Histed Architectural Properties]