Power couple Beyoncé and Jay Z could be moving to Bel Air. The Los Angeles Times reports that the couple made an incredible $90-million offer on a Bel Air spec house designed by spec mansion master Paul McClean.
It had previously been reported that the couple had made a $120 million offer on this glassy contemporary. Both prices are a significant discount from the property’s earlier, off-market asking price of $135 million.
Located near Bel Air’s East Gate, the estate totals 30,000 square feet spread across six structures, all laid out over the 1.56-acre property. A 15-car garage, bulletproof windows, and four pools are among its many high-end amenities.
The property last changed hands in 2013 for $15 million, according to Redfin. The estate was then built from the ground up by Irish firm McKillen Developments.
Beyoncé and Jay Z have maintained a home in LA for years but have yet to buy property, though they have reportedly tried quite a few times.
It was rumored that they were outbid by Minecraft creator Markus Persson for a decadent spec mansion described in its own listing as “an overwhelming sensory experience." (Persson’s winning bid was $70 million.)
It was reported that they were outbid again last year by fashion designer Tom Ford for a Beverly Hills mansion once owned by Albert Broccoli, the producer of James Bond films.
If the deal closes, it would be the most expensive home sale in Los Angeles County this year, beating out the $85 million sale of David Geffen’s Malibu house to the owner of the Dodgers.
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z are about to become L.A. homeowners, if $90-million deal goes through [LA Times]
- Beyoncé and Jay Z reportedly offer $120M for Bel Air mansion [Curbed LA]
- BREAKING: Minecraft Creator Snatches Bonkers Bev Hills Megamansion From Beyoncé and Jay-Z For $70M [Curbed LA]
- Beyoncé and Jay-Z Paying $150k a Month to Rent Their Favorite Mansion in Holmby Hills [Curbed LA]
- Beyoncé and Jay Z Lose Out on Buying Their First LA Home ... Again! [Curbed LA]