In terms of where you're most likely to get a parking ticket in Los Angeles, not all streets are created equal. It turns out there are certain spots that are magnets for parking enforcement officers.
NBC4 has collected and analyzed four years worth of Los Angeles Department of Transportation parking ticket data and found areas where citations are most commonly issued. According to the news station's findings, there are more than 361,000 blocks citywide, but about one in five tickets is written on one of 500 blocks.
Areas where drivers are racking up the most tickets are shown on the map below. The larger the dot, the more tickets have been handed out. "Many of the hot zones consist of several streets that make up popular business or shopping districts," NBC4 notes. Clusters of large dots appear on the map in Westwood, Downtown, and Hollywood.
The NBC4 report also produced a list of the top 100 most ticketed streets. The top 10 blocks are below. (An earlier version of this post identified the most ticketed block as being in Historic South-Central; it is actually in Venice.)
- 50 block of East Washington Boulevard in Venice (24,293 tickets)
- 11600 block of San Vicente Boulevard in Brentwood (23,781 tickets)
- 100 block of North Larchmont Boulevard in Larchmont (19,356 tickets)
- 50 block of East Windward Avenue in Venice (18,233 tickets)
- 200 block of North Larchmont Boulevard in Larchmont (13,520 tickets)
- 11700 block of San Vicente Boulevard in Brentwood (12,959 tickets)
- 100 block of South La Brea Avenue in Fairfax (12,760 tickets)
- 700 block of South Wall Street in the Flower District (12,713 tickets)
- 7000 block of Hawthorn Avenue in Hollywood (12,298 tickets)
- 300 block of East Second Street in Little Tokyo (11,757 tickets)
- LA's Parking Ticket Hot Zones [NBC4]
- Mapping the Most Parking Ticketed Blocks in all of Los Angeles [Curbed LA]
- LA Finally Making a Database of all its Parking Rules [Curbed LA]
- Six Radical New Parking Ideas That LA Is Thinking of Adopting [Curbed LA]