Designed by architect A. Burnside Sturges, this Hancock Park estate was completed in 1924 for Harry Warner, a co-founder of Warner Bros. studios. Warner sold the house two years later to finance The Jazz Singer, among the first "talkies" and a harbinger of the end of the Silent Era of film.
The house has changed hands many times since then and is gearing up to change hands once more: it's on the market for $5.575 million, reports the LA Times.
The seven-bedroom Georgian Colonial stretches out approximately 5,600 square feet and welcome entrants with a two-story entryway and sweeping staircase "with gilded banisters." The house holds a formal dining room, a lounge and screening room, and a master bedroom with a fireplace and private sitting area. The over-half-acre grounds include a tennis court, pool, and a pool house.
The residence last sold in 2010 for $2.95 million.