Known locally and on the home tour circuit as the Earl House, this La Cañada Flintridge property was built in 1927 for William Jarvis Earl, son of one of the first developers of the neighborhood, and designed by Everett Phipps Babcock, who was the architect for Pasadena's Singer Building and numerous residences in and around nearby Pasadena. (Considered a specialist in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, Babcock also worked with acclaimed architect Wallace Neff.) The 5,825-square-foot estate was fully renovated in 2008 by Michael Burch Architects, and is today a fabulous collection of beautiful Spanish tilework, arched entryways, red tile floors, and beamed ceilings, with four bedrooms and six bathrooms. (A trust with Burch's name is listed on public records as the owner.) The more-than-half-acre grounds include fountains, a pool, and a "colonnaded courtyard." The Earl House last sold in 2006 for $2.1 million; it's now listed for $3.995 million.
· 5357 Alta Canyada [Official site]