And so we conclude another Hotels Week; thanks for tuning in! Let's take a look back at some of the highlights:
We updated the Hotel 18, our definitive map of the The 18 essential Los Angeles hotels.
We mapped out starter guides for what to eat/see/do when you're staying in five popular LA neighborhoods:
· Koreatown (staying at The Line)
· Manhattan Beach (staying at the Shade Hotel)
· Broadway (staying at the Ace Hotel)
· Melrose (staying at Palihotel)
· Malibu (staying at the Malibu Beach Inn)
Writer/comedian Megan Koester bummed everyone out with the tale of her night at the Snooty Fox Motor Inn in Vermont Square and a tour of the hard-luck motels along Western Avenue.
We also took a tour of hip new The Line Hotel in Koreatown, figured out how much to tip hotel staff, outlined the splurge/save options in five neighborhoods, learned about LA's not-surprisingly rich history of celebrity hotel room trashings, and rated LAX-adjacent hotels by how likely they are to make you cry.
· Hotels Week 2014 [Curbed LA]