Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, Southwest Pasadena's Markham Place District is filled to the brim and chockablock with impressive residences erected between 1895 and 1918 by such esteemed architects as Charles and Henry Greene, Sylvanus Marston, Frederick Roehrig, Myron Hunt, and Elmer Grey. Named for its most famous resident, Henry Markham, who was California's governor from 1891 to 1895, the tract was developed by George W. Stimson, who also built this handsome house that's just hit the market for the first time in 40 years. Located on Congress Place east of Orange Grove Boulevard, the 3,544-square-foot Folk Victorian features five bedrooms, four and a half baths, an updated kitchen, a "double parlor," coffered ceilings, hardwood floors, elaborate moldings, French doors, and a gas fireplace. Per the listing, the .56-acre property also contains a "summer house with 3/4 bath," an 1891 barn that's been converted to a two-car garage with storage, and a gated swimming pool. Asking price is $2.095 million.