Designed by prominent local architect Frank Meline in 1922, this Spanish Colonial in the Windsor Village Historic Preservation Overlay Zone originally served as a Sunday school room and parish house for the nearby church. In the mid-1920s, it was taken over by the Ruskin Art Club, an organization established in 1888 by some of Los Angeles's most socially prominent women. According to Windsor Village's preservation plan, members of the exclusive club "held annual study programs and dedicated themselves 'lovingly and earnestly to the study and democratic availability of art,' developing an extensive library and raising untold sums of money for museums, exhibitions, study programs and public art." Declared a Los Angeles Historic-Cultural Monument in 1997, the former clubhouse is now for sale. Per its listing, the 2,890-square-foot structure wraps around a center courtyard and features two bedrooms, two baths, "a dramatic and voluminous living room replete with exposed wood beam ceilings," built-ins, and Batchelder fireplaces in both the living room and den. Sited on a 15,000-square-foot corner lot, the Mills Act tax break-eligible property is asking $1.249 million.
· 800 S Plymouth Blvd [Estately]