The three-story Hollywood Target shopping center at the southwest corner of Sunset Blvd and Western Ave is well under-way, as you can see in the pictures we snapped this morning. The long delayed Target, originally approved in 2010, but then derailed by NIMBY lawyer Robert Silverstein, seems to have jumped through all flaming hoops including being required to prepare a full environmental impact report. Plans for the Target were first submitted to the LA City Planning department back in July 2008. We were lucky enough to get a hold of the first renderings. It's hard to believe this thing, a retail shopping center built on the site of an existing retail shopping center, located less than 1,500 feet from a subway station, has taken six years to get through the approval process.
· The Hollywood Target Project is Back on the Scene [Curbed LA]
· Hit With Lawsuits, Hollywood Target Will Regroup and Come Back [Curbed LA]
· Here's What Your Hollywood Target Would Look Like [Curbed LA]
· Will Hollywood's New Target Get You Out of the Car? [Curbed LA]
· Pedestrian Core, Parking, And More: It's A Target Cake [Curbed LA]
· Development du Jour, Pt. 2: Hollywood's Target [Curbed LA]