Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this 1886 Folk Victorian was the first house built on Pasadena's Colorado Court, west of Orange Grove Boulevard. The house was constructed for Mrs. JH Hood, but was purchased and moved a few blocks to its current site in 1901 by John S. Cox, who served as Pasadena's mayor from 1895 to 1896. Now on the market for the first time in more than forty years, the 2,117-square-foot residence is in need of some TLC -- per the listing, "the current owner has painstakingly restored this once all redwood home to much of its past glory," but "the project is not complete." Sited on an 8,914-square-foot lot, the house features three bedrooms, two and one-quarter baths, hardwood floors, intricate wood detailing, a Batchelder fireplace, rebuilt chimney, double-hung windows, a "large porch with spindle work," and a detached, seven-car garage. Asking price is $1.395 million.
· 494 ELLIS St [Redfin]