Good news for those attached to the 1919 West Hollywood movie studio known as The Lot: developer CIM has come up with a more extensive preservation plan as they remodel and reconstruct the historic studio, once owned by Mary Pickford and Douglas Fairbanks, as well as United Artists and Samuel Goldwyn. CIM pissed off a lot of people this spring when they started tearing down historic buildings at The Lot, namely the Pickford Building, but then put everything on hold because of the economy. Now (that the economy is sooo much better), they've come back with a new project with what they describe as a "significantly more favorable preservation plan." Many buildings set for demolition will instead live to see another day, but not the twenties-era commissary/paint shop. They'll also return "green life" to the cement-laden studio.
· Take Two: Developer Revises Controversial Plans For Movie Studio 'The Lot' [WeHoville]
· Demolition Has Begun at Old United Artists Studio in WeHo [Curbed LA]