Though it's scarcely been a year since we last encountered this English Tudor Revival in Windsor Square, it wasn't until we read the description that we realized we'd seen it before. Designed in 1906 by Sumner Hunt and Wesley Eager, architects of the Southwest Museum and the Wilshire Ebell, the mansion was home to Bullock's department store founder John G. Bullock and his family until 1962. The 6,080 square foot house sold for $2.75 million last December, and since then has been plucked and fluffed and glossed beyond recognition. Previously listed as having eight bedrooms and seven and a half baths, per the new listing, it now features six bedrooms and five baths, "two powder rooms, two laundry rooms, large scale library, living, formal dining, & breakfast rooms, detached guest house, pool with spa, floral gardens, koi pond, and numerous open & covered patios and balconies." Sited on a .58 acre lot, it's now asking $4.495 million.
· Bullock's Department Store Founder's Hancock Park House [Curbed LA]
· The John G. Bullock House, 1906 [deasy/penner]