Recognize "New York" and "Chicago"?
· Most SaMo City Council candidates want to shut down the airport [SMP]
· A map that teaches you a little SoCal history [BMB]
· Bev Hills making moves toward Westside city bike sharing program [BHP]
· Broad's switcharoo on sharing art; he'll borrow from MOCA [Reuters]
· 20 people trapped 300 feet above Knott's Berry Farm on Wind Seeker ride [CNS]
· Palm Springs is cool again, helping drive hotel visits up in August [DS]
· NYT's Endeavour tree removal story almost makes it through without stupid "LOL LA is wacky" moment (but doesn't) [NYT]