clock menu more-arrow no yes

Filed under:

Eagle Rock's Largest Estate, Complete With Bistro, Hits Market

New, 29 comments

First it was the Pantages house, now Eagle Rock's other storied estate has hit the market. Built in 1927 by the founder of the Bekins moving company, the nearly three acre property on Hill Drive was last sold in 1965 to Eastern European immigrants Emanuel and Maria Kvassay. Per its listing, Chateau Emanuel, as it's now called, features a four-bedroom, five-bath main house, three guest houses, a bistro with outdoor seating, pool, spa, croquet court, green houses, rose gardens, waterfalls, fountains, koi ponds, and parking for "forty plus" vehicles. It's listed at $5.99 million. Eastider LA has even more on the house. Black and white image via Eastsider LA's Flicker page
· 1554 Hill Drive [Redfin]