clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Ask Curbed: Fumigation Irritation & Compensation?

New, 16 comments

A friend wonders what his legal rights are if his landlord requires him to leave for a few days: "Just found out that I have to vacate my apartment for three days so the building can be fumigated for termites. Anyone know what the law is in terms of compensation from my landlord?" We know most standard leases allow for the landlord to ask tenants to vacate for a "reasonable" amount of time, but rent is usually abated. Surely there are some legal eagles who know the answer.
· Ask Curbed: Need A Stucco Intervention [Curbed LA]