As this Saturday gets underway, check out a selection of some of the top stories on Curbed this week.
1) MID-WILSHIRE: The original Asshat, 5600 Wilshire revealed its final look and it wasn't quite as bad as we thought it may turn out. Welcome to the neighborhood.
2) SOUTH LA: The former South Central farm, site of the planned Forever 21 warehouse will undergo an environmental impact report. And check out this photo. Via Flickr user stillthedudeabides, a photo taken after the demolition of the farm--slightly ironic given the recent ban on fast food in South LA.
3) BEVERLY HILLS: Drunken monkey alert! SLS at Beverly Hills Hotel unveiled its monkey "crest"; the thing shows monkeys drinking wine and attacking each other with spoons or hand mirrors.
4) WEST HOLLYWOOD: Architecture firm Pugh + Scarpa's still-under construction condo development King on Kings hit the MLS.
5) DOWNTOWN: What a time to be selling new downtown condos. All eyes are on soon-to-open Evo; this week, our eyes were on its lobby.
6) DESERT HOT SPRINGS: The most-talked about prefab home in the world isn't selling. Marmol Radziner's Desert Hot Springs home was cut to $1.2 million.
7) LOS ANGELES: It was the most dysfunctional Broker Boy and Babe contest to date. We even got complaints from the nominees. But it was all sort of fun, too! Especially when "Million Dollar Listing" star Madison Hildebrand stopped by the Curbed HQs (well, via email and phone) to cast his vote to decide the winner.