Judging from the current Craigslist offerings, it seems the majority of one-bedrooms in Venice are in the $2000-$3000 price range. Yes, you'll pay for the 15 degree temperature difference compared to the Eastside. Breezy don't come cheap.
1. $1698 / 1br - 1BLOCK FROM THE BEACH UTITILITIES INCLUDED (VENICE BEACH)
- PARKING AVAILABLE
- FULL KITCHEN AND BATHROOM
- LOTS OF PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION TO DOWNTOWN, SANTA MONICA, UCLA/WESTWOOD, LAX ETC.
- LAUNDRY ROOM IN BUILDING
2. $1800 / 1br - 1 bath, in sunny sixplex, six blocks from the beach (Venice)
Pitch: "Fridge and dishwasher; washer and dryer in unit. Parking for one in lot with automatic gate. Bike storage. Walk two blocks to Abbot Kinney Bl for shops, nightlife and restaurants, or drive 10 minutes to the nearest freeway ramp, while living in a small-town neighborhood."
3. $2295 / 1br - Charming one bedroom duplex near beach,venice (palms blvd, venice)
Pitch: Charming bright one bedroom duplex near beach with hardwood floors. Stove, Refrigrator, Washer and Dryer.French doors to Large private patio and front garden with new trellis.Storage space. Lots of street parking. No pets.
4. $4250 / 1br - Venice Beach Loft (Ocean Front Walk)
Pitch: "Building featuring the finest finish materials and an array of rent included amenities such as internet, cable, RO drinking filter, subterranean parking, de-chlorinated bath water, off lobby laundry and storage, phone entry system with 24/7 surveillance, steel and glass elevator, beautiful common areas featuring steel and glass railings, steel tiled skylight and cityscapes of New York City by a respected NYC artist."