Thank you to everyone who submitted a question this week. We knew you still cared. If you have an answer or inkling suspicion in regards to one of these fine questions please leave a comment or email us at email@example.com. Answers Thursday.
1) Cahuenga Pass: Work on the site on the east side of the Cahuenga Pass appears to be under the direction of the Department of Water & Power as there is a big "DWP" sign with an arrow adjacent to the project entry point. We will investigate further.
2) Hollywood/Little Armenia: Regarding the Armenian mural and former cultural center at Lexington and Vermont, commenter Semprini says: "There's just one little condo project on Lexington and no formal applications for anything at the cultural center site. Also, the owner of the latter is Armenian so calm down." Also, via Building Permits, it appears they are replacing the roof of the building.
3) Beverly Hills: Regarding that huge hole at Beverly and Dayton, via the comments: "Beverly Drive/Dayton is the future home of the William Morris Agency. Building is completely eco-friendly. Finally all the agents join together under one green roof with a parking lot full of gas guzzlers. move in date sometime in 2009." Renderings are here.
4) Koreatown: The lots south of 2nd Street on Western are being developed into one- and two-story school facilities for the St. Brendan School, including a gymnasium which will face Westen Avenue. The St. Brendan web site also notes that the St. Brendan Church building, not apart of this project, was featured in the 1953 War of the Worlds movie. "Towards the end of the film, as the city of Los Angeles becomes a blazing inferno of destruction, traumatized Angelenos seek shelter in the churches of the city, and it is here that St. Brendan Church is featured."
5) Hollywood/Melrose: The NW Corner of La Cienega and Melrose is a great location, so something awesome must be coming, right? Right? Via email: "Nothing but a bunch of retail stores....a remodel of the bunch of retail stores that were there for the last 30 years. It's in the City of West Hollywood, btw." Sucks to be us. Thanks.