clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Ascent Update: Welder Accidentally Started Fire, Construction Cam Reveal

New, 8 comments

What appears to be final word on this morning's fire at developer KB Homes' project Ascent at Warner Center: A welder accidentally started the blaze "when a piece of molten metal fell onto tar paper on the story below," according to SignOnSanDiego. Isn't tar paper always to blame. And three-fourths of the development was spared. And the fire via the construction cam: The second shot is before the fire started.
· Wing of big L.A. condo construction site burns [Union-Tribune]
· Update: KB Home's Ascent Fire; High 300s, Indeed [Curbed LA]