This week's top dish from Eater LA, Curbed's restaurant, bar, and nightlife blog...
[Rendering of Luckyfish, new Beverly Hills sushi joint]
1) What could be more romantic than spending Valentines Day watching raw fish rotate around on a conveyor belt? Beverly Hills' sushi restaurant Luckyfish opens around Feb 14th.
2) Construction continues on the new Nobu, which is moving into the former L'Orangerie space on La Cienega in Weho after a hitting some permitting snags late last year. Expect Nobu to open late February or early March.
3) The black-clad Custom Hotel near LAX officially opened its restaurant and lounge (Bistrotek and Hopscotch, respectively) a few weeks ago. Also recently opened in Koreatown: La Defence. A French villa motif, a European and Asian menu, and Karaoke. Could be a hot mess. Or the greatest restaurant ever.
4) It turns out that grades do count. LA's restaurant grading system turns 10 and it turns out restaurants fear the big red C.
5) The culinary wasteland of Sepulveda Blvd, not far from Mar Vista, gets a wine bar and retail wine shop, all in one. Ex-BottleRock founder Adam Fleischman is opening Vinoteque around March 1.