clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Measure R Win: Done and Done

New, 25 comments

You can now officially stop bitching about Angelenos not caring about public transit. You can also now officially start bitching about how long it'll take before we have all these cool new rail lines. The LA Times' Steve Hymon reports that the final ballots were counted Friday for Measure R, the initiative that will increase sales taxes by 1/2 cent to pay for a slew of transportation projects including an extension to the Wilshire subway. Additionally, the measure will keep bus and train fares locked until 2010. The ballot won by a margin of about 37,000 votes, getting approval from 67.93% percent of LA County residents. The other 32.07% of you aren't allowed on the subway when it's done.--Dan Caroselli

Also, via the Times, a map of the Yes Votes:

· Measure R Summary [Metro]
· With ballots all counted, Measure R's victory is complete [LA Times]