This week's top dish from Eater LA, Curbed's restaurant, bar, and nightlife blog...
[Photo by thewhitestdogalive, Flickr]
1) Say hello to the Beachcomber Bar and Restaurant, which will open on the Malibu pier this year. This new spot will offer much the same menu (salads, pasta) as the OC original (in Crystal Cove in Newport Beach). Opening first, the bar should be up and running by spring.
2) Is this just to appease the building code gods? Newly opened Los Feliz restaurant Little Dom's ladies room has two commodes - and no divider between the stalls. It's a restaurant, people, not city jail.
3) Beverly Blvd restaurant Buddha's Belly heads west with an outpost in Santa Monica. The restaurant, opening on Monday, will donate 10% percent of sales to Heal the Bay.
4) He said/she said. Both the LA Times' S. Irene Virbilia and LA Weekly's Jonathan Gold visit Silver Lake's LA Mill to review the coffee boutique.
5) And Hollywood gets yet a couple more eateries and bars, including The Kress in the former Frederick's of Hollywood building and AsiaLA, opening in the former Upside Down Club on Argyle and Selma, with - wait for it - "gender illusionists."