Continuing with our new Curbed segment, What's Up With That? (or, as one reader likes to call it, LA: WTF?), a curious reader wants to know: Why are there so many discount beauty supply stores in Los Angeles?
Good question. These suckers seem to be in every mini-mall in the city. Does LA have a higher proportion of beastly-looking women (have to imagine the customers are mostly female) in need of grooming aids? We'll find an answer and post it by the end of the day. And if you have a What's Up question, email us.
1. Popular profession with immigrants
2. Low overhead/product has long shelf life
2. Good hours
3. High demand/movie/tv/industry town
· What's up with that: Rocky Roofs [Curbed LA]
· What's up with that: Melrose Architecture [Curbed LA]