A reader provides both pictures and commentary after doing a little digging at the newly unwrapped BP Helios House:
Ok, here’s what I know from talking to a guy who might or might not have been the foreman on the job:
· Construction is less than 90 days old
· [February 15th] was to be the deadline for completion. It ain’t done, but should open late Feb/early March.
· It’s a BP Arco.
· It cost in the neighborhood of $6M.
· Responding to my amazement and wonder at the design, materials, workmanship and fast-track sked, the guy said, “when you don’t care how much it costs, you can do a lot of things.”
· I asked if I could go in and shoot and they wouldn’t let me.