The always-informed carter of Chowhound.com just pointed us towards his posts on new restaurant openings, changes in ownership and more remodels. First a roundup of the restaurant scene in the Valley, which is apparently becoming a haven for carnivorous chain-restaurant fans:
· Hear that Arnie Morton's will be opening in Woodland Hills.
· Also that Midori Sushi from Studio City and Sherman Oaks is taking over the Sakurabana in Tarzana at 17047 Ventura Blvd.
· Fox & Hounds in Studio City is changing ownership only, not changing concepts.
· Shenwah Shanghai Bistro in Tarzana (19598 Ventura Bl.) will become a Thai restaurant called Cici's Cafe.
· McCormick & Schmick will be taking the former Dalt's in Burbank and should be opening in the fall.
· And of course the Coral Tree will be opening soon in the place of the former Cha Cha Cha on Ventura at Encino Ave.
And while we're certain this will piss off certain readers who feel we don't offer enough coverage east of the 5, here is even more restaurant news from the 323 and 310 area codes. that carter is more reliable than Gayot.
We cover the other side of the hill after the jump.
· Apparently a Salt Creek Grille is being developed in El Segundo on Rosecrans in that strip with Manhattan Beach across the street.
· Also, the Continental in Beverly Hills (8400 Wilshire) will become Hokusai once the remodeling is finished.
· In K-town, both Blink and Mirage are in escrow for major bucks, yet both will remain the same concepts.
· J.R.Seafood in WLA is being sold to the Hop Li Seafood people, maybe to change the name, maybe to just continue operating.
· Tlapazola Grill is in escrow to open at 4059 Lincoln down MDR way.
· Minibar on W. Cahuenga between Hwd. and the Valley is changing ownership, yet apparently keeping the same concept.